Location: Alberta and British Columbia
Job ID: 1828
Job Status: Full-Time Regular
JIP Telecom Inc. is one of the leading structured cabling contractors in Canada and across North America. We focus on a full-service promise to our customers for project conception to completion.
Through our current national Contract Agreements with large customers, JIP Telecom Inc, is positioned as an industry leader with a people, organization, and team-first approach.
JIP is currently looking for a minimum of five years experienced structured cable technician for small to large-scale construction projects. Mainly MxU fiber optic project, we are looking for a reliable person with an exceptional ability to fish cables through walls, good work ethic, and diverse knowledge and skills to work in the telecommunications and security industry. We offer permanent full-time employment primarily in the local area. This hourly paid position is compensated based on experience and certifications. To meet the needs of our business some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Excellent people skills, communication skills, and self-management skills
- Honesty, integrity and a genuine desire to help
- Must be well organized and be able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Creative in completing tasks, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to accommodate a variety of assignments at various locations on a day-to-day basis
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Must have a clean criminal record background check
- Must have a strong commitment to safety
- Must be physically fit, including the ability to safely lift heavy objects, tools and extension ladders
- Comfortable working at heights
- Ability and willingness to work some afternoons and overtime based on project requirements
- Basic computer skills
- Structured cabling design and installation, low-voltage wiring, network, and Ethernet cabling, fiber installation, 24/7 emergency electrical services, backup generator installation, copper and fiber cabling, security and fire alarm systems, and many others.
- Experience on a scissor and boom lifts is an asset
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Essential duties and responsibilities may consist of but are not limited to:
- Installation, termination, and testing of cabling systems
- Build closets, mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fibre optic, and hardware
- Route cable through data centers, buildings, and inter-building
- Install cable supports, core holes, and create pathways. Installation of ladder tray, conduit, and raceway
- Fish walls, conduit, and workstations. Dress closets, cross-connect, and terminations
- Test, review, commission and troubleshoot installed systems
- Provide appropriate customer service when responding to a customer request or fulfilling project requirements
- Interpret and verify work orders, specifications, drawings, schematics, and special requirements
- Time tracking and online submittal for daily activities and projects
- Reporting to Project Managers
- Maintaining any assigned tools, safety equipment, and must have your own vehicle and license
- Performs the necessary tests after installation and makes the necessary corrections if necessary
- A clear driver abstract
- Dressing fiber optic cables in MxU,
- Ability to use your own vehicle every day
- Willingness to travel
- Current WHMIS
- Working at Heights and Fall Arrest Certification
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3D design/drafting techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience is required.
- Exceptional ability to fish cables through walls
- Carpentry Skills (We sometimes have to open up walls to run our cables)
We thank all applicants, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Salary: $22.00 to $30.00 /hour
Please email all Job applications to firstname.lastname@example.org